In India, festivals are often associated with delicious food. During these festive seasons, people tend to indulge in an array of sweet and savory treats. However, this indulgence can lead to health issues such as weight gain and elevated glucose levels. But there’s a better plan – mindful eating, which allows you to enjoy the season to the fullest while still taking care of your health.
To help you on this path, renowned nutritionist Rashi Chowdhary has shared some invaluable tips on her Instagram handle. These expert insights will show you how to make the most of the festive season while keeping your health in check.
1. Moderation is the key: The first tip to remember is that excess of everything is bad for health. Chowdhary suggests having your favorite treats in moderation, instead of going overboard. This way, you can still enjoy your favorite festive foods without compromising your health.
2. Stay hydrated: Hydration is important for good health, even during the festive season. Instead of satisfying your hunger with decadent foods, focus on staying hydrated and boosting electrolytes in your body. Drinking enough water can help curb excessive snacking urges and keep your food regime on track.
3. Eat without feeling guilty: It’s important to remember that you should eat your food to your heart’s content. Instead of feeling guilty with every bite, it’s better to savor your food and enjoy it in intervals. Chowdhary advises that indulging occasionally won’t sabotage your efforts, as long as you bounce back to your regular routine the next day.
4. Smart travel eating: If you plan on traveling during the festive season, it’s important to be mindful of your food choices. Chowdhary recommends carrying some healthy balanced foods with you for constant snacking. This way, you can keep your calorie intake in check while still enjoying your trip.
5. Avoid gluten, dairy, and sugar: According to Chowdhary, it’s better to avoid these ingredients while preparing festive fare. She suggests making your desserts at home, as it allows you to have control over the ingredients and eat healthier while still enjoying treats with friends and family.
Now that you have these expert tips, follow them well and enjoy all your festive indulgences without guilt or worry. “Celebrate while keeping these tips in mind so it’s easier for you to get back on track once it’s all over,” concludes Chowdhary.
By practicing mindful eating, you can relish the festive season without compromising your health. Remember to be moderate in your indulgences, stay hydrated, eat without guilt, make smart food choices while traveling, and avoid certain ingredients. With these strategies in mind, you can enjoy the festivities to the fullest while still taking care of your well-being.